Conflict of Interest
In terms of Section 3A(2)(f) of the FAIS General Code of Conduct, Steyn Capital Management (“the company”) is required to disclose and make its conflict of interest management policy (“COI Policy”) easily accessible to the public at all reasonable times.
Conflict of interest (“COI”) means any situation in which the company or its representatives has an actual or potential interest that may, in rendering a financial service to a client influence the objective performance of his, her or its obligations to that client; or prevent the company or its representatives from rendering an unbiased and fair financial service to that client, or from acting in the interests of that client, including, but not limited to:
- a financial interest;
- an ownership interest;
- any relationship with:
- a product supplier,
- another provider,
- an associate of a product supplier or a provider;
- a distribution channel;
- any person who, in terms of an agreement or arrangement with a person referred to above, provides a financial interest to a provider or its representatives.
The primary objectives of the company’s COI Policy are:
- To provide guidance on the behaviors expected in accordance with the company’s standards;
- To promote transparency and to avoid business-related COI;
- To ensure fairness in the interests of employees and the company;
- To document the process for the disclosure, approval and review of activities that may amount to actual, potential or perceived COI;
- To provide a mechanism for the objective review of personal outside interests.
Steyn Capital Management is committed to ensuring that all business is conducted in accordance with good business practice. To this end the company conducts business in an ethical and equitable manner and in a way that safeguards the interests of all stakeholders to minimize and manage all real or potential conflicts. The company and its representatives must therefore avoid (or mitigate where avoidance is not possible) any COI between the company and a client or its representative and a client.
A copy of the company’s COI Policy can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org